- Connecting the dots between new technologies and business opportunities
• Bestselling author and journalist
• Experienced digital business change consultant
"One of London’s Most Influential Individuals Within New Media"
The Evening Standard
As author of the Amazon bestseller The Social Media MBA series, published by the world’s largest academic book publisher, Wiley, in multiple languages (http://amzn.to/x7oclL) and Chairman of First Tuesday (http://firsttuesday.org.uk/), the UK’s largest network for high growth technology companies and their investors, Chris is frequently invited to write for The Guardian, Sky News and GQ about how organisations can make the most of opportunities presented by new technologies.
What makes Holloman unique as a speaker is that he not only writes and talks about technology trends, but he regularly consults for major businesses and start-ups on how to take advantage and monetise these opportunities. This means he will not be providing theories, but instead tried and tested hands-on advice that will inspire and empower your delegates to take action.
Chris most recently launched Expedia founder Rich Barton’s new $90m start-up Glassdoor.com in Europe. Holloman was previously Head of Digital Product Development at The Times and The Sunday Times, responsible for award-winning apps and delivering new digital revenue streams.
Whether he is running a workshop, delivering a keynote, or acting as a moderator or panellist, his message is always tailored to the client, the audience and the desired overall outcome of the event. In presentations Chris will showcase the best business use of new technologies by taking the audience on a journey via outposts such as Silicon Valley start-ups, tech buzz words, emerging customer and workforce trends, what’s next for social media and more. All his talks are peppered with case studies and real life examples to bring the topic to life and illustrate the ROI for businesses, with clear calls to action throughout the presentation: "This is how you can leverage this insight!"
Holloman is regularly hired by event organisers to excite attendees with new ideas they can apply to their own business or department. Recent clients include brands such as Microsoft, VISA and Ogilvy; because he makes the rapid advances in technology comprehensible and relevant to a wider audience, delegates leave the room feeling great about the future!
Christer Holloman holds a BSc in Business and is currently completing his MBA at University of Oxford, is a member of the National Union of Journalists and certified Competent Communicator by Toastmaster International.
Most popular keynote topics:
1) The End Of The Digital Beginning
– Key Technology Trends And Why They Matter To Your Business
Previously requested themes:
- The Top 10 Technology Trends Affecting Your Business
- How To Future-Proof Your Industry
- The Ultimate Tech Buzz Word Jargon Buster / Tech Buzz Words 101
- The Future Of The App Economy
- Disruptive Technologies
- Why MoLoSo (Mobile, Local and Social) Isn’t Good Enough
- Big Data Is About Little Data
- Collaborative Capitalism
- FinTech Opportunities
- Reinvented Retail
- Living In The Stream
- Education At Scale
- New Discoveries Within Healthcare Technology
- Hottest Tech Start-Ups
- Impact Of Changing Attitudes To Data Privacy
- Intrapreneurship; Hothousing, Rapid Prototyping and Minimum Viable Products
2) Masterclass: The Social Media MBA
- The Most Innovative Business Use Of Social Media in 2015
It’s a fact that companies so far have only scratched the surface of what can be achieved with social media. Whatever your continent, industry, company size, current degree of social media adoption or job title, the purpose of this session is to inspire you to see how you can raise the bar even higher to reap new rewards.
Previously requested themes:
- Social Media Basics (what is it, create and deliver a social strategy)
- Social Media For X department (Marketing, PR, Sales, Customer Service, Product Development and HR)
- Best Practice By Social Media Channel (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Calculating ROI
- The Impact Of ‘Social Commerce’
- Emerging Issues and Future Trends
Sample case studies:
- Product Development: Barclaycard, creating the world’s first social credit card
- Quality Management: Sony, how social sentiment fuels TQM feedback loop
- Service Delivery: PwC, crowdsourcing client solutions on a global scale